My name is Melanie and I am a professionally trained Postpartum Doula. A Postpartum Doula provides care, support, and knowledge to moms/partners and their newborns in the early days after birth. In the past, families had extensive support systems of women who helped to care for the new mother and her baby. Today, this is not always the case, which is where a Postpartum Doula steps in. For both first time and experienced mothers, being taken care of while caring for their newborn is essential! Moms need to be nurtured, to allow for physical and emotional recovery.
As a Postpartum Doula, I am committed to providing respectful, non-judgemental support during these exciting, yet often challenging, first few weeks with a new baby.
I am currently serving families in Regina, SK and area. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, or to book a free consultation.
I am still accepting in-person postpartum clients on a limited basis. The following pandemic precautions will be taken:
- My temperature will be taken before any shift, and at any sign of illness the shift will be rescheduled or virtual support will be offered.
- I will provide my own PPE, including hand sanitizer, gloves, and mask. I will be masked the entire time I am in your home.
- I will follow all public health orders currently in place in Saskatchewan.
- I will not provide in-person services to families who have been exposed to COVID-19, with the understanding that I will resume in-person visits after the required self-quarantine period. Virtual support may be utilized during this time.
- If you or a member of your family/person living in your home is diagnosed with COVID-19, you will be offered an alternative of virtual support until symptom-free for 2 weeks.
I am encouraging clients to utilize my virtual postpartum services whenever possible during this time. Details on those can be found here.